Learn about how our beloved Perry Carnegie Library came to be in the early 1900’s. Read about the early days of the library and our building’s special history.
Presented by Sharon Courtright March 2, 2022
Carnegie Library Progress Club Meeting, also known as Perry Progress Club
Stop in early to check out books and movies.
We didn’t use a stock photo. Love photos of hard working Perry people!
The Oklahoma Virtual Library is available 24/7 at no charge. Use your library card to log in.
The library now has Brainfuse – on demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning for all ages and levels. Brainfuse is one of the nation’s leading online tutoring providers for libraries and schools. Users get real-time tutoring from instructors through the Brainfuse online classroom.
Students work with live tutors using an interactive whiteboard to chat, write, draw, copy & paste text or images and graph homework problems. Use HelpNow for homework help, skills building and test prep.
The Writing Lab and the 24/7 Center
Users get the freedom to get help any time of the day without connecting with a live tutor. Users can submit papers through the Writing Lab for feedback. The 24/7 Center is for non-writing assignments like math or science.
Job-seekers can get live online help, powerful tools, and other resources.
Live Interview Coaching
Brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches. Job coaches and users chat live chat through the online classroom. Also get 24/7 access to interview tips and career resources.
Submit your resume and a job coach will send it back within 24 hours with detailed feedback and suggestions for improvement. You can also download resume templates or browse resources for making better resumes.
24/7 access to carefully chosen job resources. Brainfuse job coaches help users strategically target jobs best suited to their interests and qualifications.
Adult Learning Center
Get basic career-enhancing skills. ALC offers test preparation (including the GED and the USCIS citizenship test) and an academic skills center featuring live, online tutors.
Support for your community’s veterans and their families. VetNow offers help navigating the VA, academic tutoring, and help with employment transition.
Live Online Navigators
VetNow Navigators are trained to help veterans and families connect with valuable benefits and resources.
- Answer questions related to beneﬁts eligibility
- Show community resources for housing, healthcare, and education beneﬁts
- Help you find accredited claims agents
VetNow Job Tools
Designed to help with all stages of the job hunting, the VetNow Job Tools feature career coaching, expert resume assistance, live interview preparation, and more. With the Job Tools you can:
- Discover your best career ﬁt based on education, experience, and personality
- Search for a job with nationwide and local resources
- Get templates for the most common resume types
- Get resume and cover letter help from trained experts
- Brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches
Users build academic skills and prepare for college with VetNow’s array of tools:
- Talk with live tutors in a wide range of college level subjects
- Live skills tutoring and a large library of lessons, video tutorials, and practice tests including SAT, ACT, TEAS, HESI, GRE, GMAT and more
- Expert analysis of writing, with constructive comments
- 24/7 help with academic questions
- Live help for language learners
- Make and share ﬂashcards, tests, and educational games
Get Started with Brainfuse
Find out more about Brainfuse and get help using it: go to the Niche Academy tutorials on using Brainfuse and the see the Oklahoma Department of Libraries Brainfuse info page for user guides and more. Thank you ODL and the Institute of Museums and Library Services for offering this to Oklahoma libraries.