We will be closed on Saturday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend. Our e-books are always available if you have a current library card.
All dates/items are subject to change, depending on the spread of Covid-19.
May 18th, 2020
- The library will operate as a “Pick up at the Door” library.
- The west doors will be open. Cedar doors will be locked.
- Items will be reserved and placed in the west entryway. Patrons will retrieve their own items.
- Overdue fines will begin accruing on May 21st.
- Masks will be required if the employee has a cough or when within 6 feet of a patron/employee without a sneeze guard. (We reserve the right to ask patrons who are coughing/ill to leave.)
- The water fountain will be covered.
- Encourage library card registration online.
- Limit the number of patrons in the building to those picking up materials in foyer, applying for library cards, copies, faxing, and computer usage.
- Public computers are limited to essential services.
- Circulate newspapers with a one day check-out.
- The meeting room & collaboration room will not be available.
- Books will be returned in the bookdrop outside.
June 1st, 2020
- Begin operating as a “To Go” library.
- The first half hour of the day, from 10-10:30 (Monday-Friday) will be limited to the vulnerable population.
- Continue to keep west doors open & Cedar closed.
- Summer Reading Incentive Program begins. We will announce the details at a later date.
- Roughly limit the number of patrons in the building to 15 in the public parts of the building with no more than 10 per floor at one time. No face to face programming.
- Patrons are allowed to retrieve their own library materials. Only one patron or family group in an aisle at a time in the stacks.
- Children will be encouraged to stay with their parents.
- The public restroom will be cleaned twice daily. Hand sanitizer will be available at service desks.
- Books will be returned in the bookdrop (outside or upstairs) or in the designated location in the Children’s Department instead of returning in the check-out area. Books will be quarantined 48 hours and sanitized.
July 1st, 2020
- Normal services & procedures resume with as few exceptions as possible.
- Limit computer time to one hour with extensions only for job seekers, medical, benefits or other non-entertainment purposes until the threat is over.
- Consider resuming face to face programming.
We will re-open as soon as the threat of the Covid 19 has passed.
eBooks available with Overdrive
You need a library card that is in good standing and that is not expired. If your card is expired, we can extend the card renewal for a short time. When we are open, you can come in and sign a renewal.
Connect to Library Wifi
Our wi-fi password is 5803364721 and wi-fi is available outside the building.
While the building is closed:
- We’re not charging late fines.
- You can call to renew your items at 580-336-4721.
- The staff will be at the library. Call with questions.
- There is a bookdrop outside the building at the 7th St doors.
We look forward to seeing all of you return soon. Stay home and stay safe.
We will close on Wednesday, the 27th at noon. We will re-open on Monday, December 2nd.